[Zope] RFC: Requiring Python 2.4 in Zope 2.9

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Sep 13 12:59:41 EDT 2005

--On 8. September 2005 08:48:18 +0100 Chris Withers
<chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> At:
>>
>>   http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/RequirePython24>
>>
>> Is a proposal to require Python 2.4 for Zope 2.9 (to be released
>> this December).
>>
>> Comments are welcome. :)
>
> Well, it'd be nice if Python 2.4 was at least "acceptable" for 2.8.x
> first, so the 3rd part products have some chance of finding 2.4 bugs...

I agree with Jens that system requirements should not be a moving target
within a major release. If you want to use Python 2.4 now with Zope 2.8
than use it at your own risk. 2.8 is now in maintenance mode and in general
frozen for such core issues.

-aj