[Zope] Using Structured Text and HTML-quote together for RSS 2.0

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Sep 9 03:01:54 EDT 2005

Jonathan Cyr wrote:
> I have to choose which features of Zope to learn and use, based on a
> much larger criteria than I can present here.
> I do not wish to mix ZPT and DTML in my project... I had chosen DTML,
> before ZPT was mature... It may be better, but I don't care for now...
> when I'm able to re-assess which pieces of Zope to use in a future
> project, I may well choose it.

Okay, whatever...

> As a professional programmer, you must see the advantage in adhering to
> a project's standards and specs, as to managing the code in the
> project.  That is why I needed to use DTML for my RSS.

Uh, no, as a professional programmer, I use the best tools for the job,
and don't stand by mistakes I made before, like choosing DTML,
especially when the two can co-exist quite happilly...

> I have chosen my mix for this project, and benefit much more from my
> standards docs much more than any single feature like ZPT can provide.

Okay, whatever...

> As far as I know, DTML is being supported into the future, and my hand
> will not be forced.

Then your hand will be burned, enjoy ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk