[Zope] Same product in multiple instances automatically?

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Fri Sep 9 14:56:21 EDT 2005

Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Friday 09 September 2005 10:25, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
>>>To be honest, I'd expect something a little different, namely that each
>>>instance would automatically pull in all the products in the site
>>>installation (like [1] and [2] above), but that doesn't seem to be the
>>>case.  Is that a configuration issue, by design, or by accident?
>>
>>It's a configuration issue.  Check out the "products" directive
>>in zope.conf.
>

> The one that says:
>
>     "The master Products directory exists in Zope's software home, and
>      cannot be removed from the products path (and should not be added to it
>      here)."
>
> ?  That seemed to me that I shouldn't be adding /usr/local/www/Zope/Products
> to the search path, although I'm unsure of the reasons.

I don't know why, either. That simply says that there is a default
Products directory ($SOFTWARE_HOME/lib/python/Products), you can't get
rid of it, and you shouldn't try to configure it here. The more
interesting part is::

    Name of a directory that contains additional Product packages.  This
    directive may be used as many times as needed to add additional
    collections of products.  Each directory identified will be
    added to the __path__ of the Products package.

If you want your instances to use Products from some other directory,
name it here.

		--jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"