[Zope] processing data problem

Allen Huang swapp0 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 10:10:21 EST 2006

I'm new at data processing using zope and I could need some advice

I want to make a online system that can processing a set data of three files and record them info zodb. I have running into some problem where I could process the set data if it was on my computer in the same extension directory as my python program but couldn't when I store the set data into some directory on zodb. I heard from some mail-list users telling me that it is not the same even though in concept it is similar but I still don't understand why it doesn't work even though I direct my program into the same directory.

Anyways, since I have encounter some initial problem, I was wondering if I should do this
    1. have the user upload the set data or transfer the set data to my computer
    2. process and record the data into zodb
    3. delete the set data(since I really don't need a copy of it, but I don't see how I could do that)

or is there any way that I could just process the data right on the user's computer without transfer it to my computer, like bring the programming to them instead of bring the set data to us since set data's could be quite large (over 1GB).

I appreciate any input... as soon as possible. Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com