[Zope] Re: Using ReStructuredText instead of StructuredDocument inside ZPT

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Sun Feb 26 04:15:56 EST 2006

John Schinnerer wrote:

> Aloha,
>

>>huh? You should be able to extend the expression above by calling
>>the objects render method?

>>container/client_content/some_STX_object/render">
>

> OK, tried that - I get a username/password prompt that won't take
> anything as authorized, and I end up with this error:
> -----------------
> Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> Error Type: Unauthorized
> Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'render' in this context
> ------------------
>
> I can post the full trace if needed, seems like overkill at this point
> as I assume it's some kind of general security thing with ReST Document
> that I simply don't know about.
>
> So now what?
> Even the zope instance root/owner username and PW are not accepted...??

In your Zope distribution files look at 'doc/RESTRUCTUREDSTEXT.txt' (or
'Zope/doc/RESTRUCTUREDSTEXT.txt' with Zope2.9).

It has examples of how to use ReST with different solutions.
(There is a typo: 'restructured_test' should read 'restructured_text' )

Btw, the ZReST objects method 'source_txt' gets you the source text of
the reST document.

E.g. this should work in your example:

   tal:define="rest_txt
python:container.client_content.some_STX_object.source_txt()"
   tal:replace="structure python:
modules['Products.PythonScripts.standard'].restructured_text(rest_txt)" />

Hth, Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org