[Zope] Zope vs Plone: performance issues!

Sasha Vincic sasha.vincic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:05:48 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:
> On 1/24/06, Hugo Ramos <ramosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm responsible for a big corporate intranet and corporate portal.
> > They were using Zope/Plone before I got here and the problems are too many.
> >
> > Let's talk about performance issues... Plone is VERY SLOW responding

<snip>

> Yes!
> But not good enough.
> Most performance issues with Plone can be solved by caching. Don't
> underestimate it.

Yes Plone is slow but with caching you get very good performance. I
have boosted performance on plone sites from default 1-3req/s to
100req/s and then it was the bandwith that was the bottleneck. The
sites where serving both anonymous and authenticated content. I
recommend to check out the CacheFu product and documentation in the
collective.

/Sasha
Lovely Systems - www.lovelysystems.com