[Zope] ERROR Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Jun 14 10:29:46 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremiah Foster" <jeremiah.foster at theclickstore.se>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:17 AM
Subject: [Zope] ERROR Zope Could not import Products.ZMySQLDA

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get Zope to connect to a MySQL database. I am having
> trouble tracking down why it will not connect. The error message on the
> web page produces only six hits in Google;
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=The+database+connection
> +MySQL_database_connection+cannot+be
> +found.&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial
>
> Here is the Zope debugging error message from zopectl fg;
> (Complete debugging information is below.)
>
> ImportError: cannot import name ImmutableSet

Some ideas:

1) make sure you installed ZMySQLDA using the same version of python that
your Zope installation uses (it looks like you are using Zope 2.8.x  so you
should be using python 2.3.4 or 2.3.5)

2) your traceback had an entry:

/usr/local/www/zopeserver/bin/runzope -X debug-mode=on
2006-06-14 16:14:53 INFO ZServer HTTP server started at Wed Jun 14
16:14:53 2006
        Hostname: 0.0.0.0
        Port: 8080

The hostname looked a little strange (localhost is usually 127.0.0.1)

Good luck!

Jonathan