[Zope] Improved Zope Org Proposal

Andrew Sawyers andrew at sawdog.com
Sun Jun 25 17:54:10 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-25 at 21:41 +0200, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Then I fear few interesting content will arrive at this site.

Well, I think the content of this site is what I'd noted is what I noted
in earlier emails.  It might not be 'interesting', but I would hope it
to be quality and focused.  I have faith the 'interesting' aspects you
wish will come from the community.

> We use Plone.org's infrastructure. When I remember right,
> we have membership there and this membership contributes
> a good deal of valuable content (software, howtos, faqs).
We have failed at managing the breadth of content and properly
presenting it to potential and exisitng Zope users.  Maybe that
sub-community has not.

> Why should it be different for Zope.org?
Because it has not shown it can rise to the occasion.  Outside our
community this might not be so obvious, but referring new co-workers to
zope.org when they inquire as to the technology I bring to the table at
work, is an embarrassment.

I think my position is pretty clear.  It's up to the Foundation
ultimately.  I was asked to get the proposal out.  I've provided my
view.  The rest will become history.  :)

Andrew