[Zope] localfs cannot save (ValueError: assigning to _p_jar is not supported )

Luca Dall'Olio luca.dallolio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 06:26:07 EST 2006

I have created some localfs directory. I can see files from filesystem
and delete them from Zope, but  I cannot upload them or modify text
files from Zope, because I get the following error :

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.LocalFS.LocalFS, line 3, in manage_edit
    * Module OFS.Image, line 449, in manage_edit
    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 853, in register

ValueError: assigning to _p_jar is not supported

Searching this in google, seems to me that this is somehow related to
the lack of Zope OIDs for localfs objects, and I suspect changes in Zope
 >= 2.8 but I cannot get any further in the solution
Is localfs still supported?

Zope has full access rights to the local directory, this is my
configuration :

Zope Version (Zope 2.9.0-, python 2.4.2, sunos5)
Python Version 2.4.2 (#1, Oct 3 2005, 01:55:05) [GCC 3.3.2]
System Platform sunos5

Thank you in advance, any hint is welcome!
Luca