[Zope] localfs cannot save (ValueError: assigning to _p_jar is not supported )

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Mar 14 14:51:57 EST 2006

Luca Dall'Olio wrote at 2006-3-14 12:26 +0100:
>I have created some localfs directory. I can see files from filesystem
>and delete them from Zope, but  I cannot upload them or modify text
>files from Zope, because I get the following error :
>
>Traceback (innermost last):
>
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 113, in publish
>    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
>    * Module Products.LocalFS.LocalFS, line 3, in manage_edit
>    * Module OFS.Image, line 449, in manage_edit
>    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 853, in register
>
>ValueError: assigning to _p_jar is not supported

"LocalFS" should not touch persistency attributes
at all. Almost surely, the wrapper used by "LocalFS" for a "File"
is a bit too near "OFS.File" which was designed for ZODB storage
(and not a filesystem proxy).

>Is localfs still supported?

"LocalFS" was always a third party product.
The first author has "LocalFS" meanwhile abandoned.
The latest adaptions to "LocalFS" where done by some "Andreas".
Maybe, he is willing to continue to support "LocalFS".

--
Dieter