[Zope] About Archetypes

Floyd May fmay at okcareertech.org
Wed Mar 15 09:19:20 EST 2006

On 3/15/06, Sergio Gomez <sofrosine at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know a good tutorial on how to write archetypes from scratch?

There is a rather dated developers' guide at plone.org:
http://plone.org/products/archetypes/documentation/old/ArchetypesDeveloperGuide/index_html

I would recommend playing with ArchGenXML, seeing how it works, and
using it to either:
1. Generate all your classes and relationships
2. Learn how things are done so that you can write AT-based stuff from scratch.

The developers' guide that I mentioned above has been very helpful,
especially when writing page templates.

Also, there's an Archetypes-users mailing list for these kind of questions: