[Zope] How to do this trick..

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Mon Mar 27 17:36:38 EST 2006

Jason C. Leach wrote:

> I'm wondering how I can do this little trick (sp_info is a globaly
> devide var, it's a dictionary obj):
>
>             <option tal:repeat="group groups/existing/high"
>                 tal:content="group"
>                 tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,
> '${sp_info/${group}/common_name}')"
>                onmouseout="hideTip()">
>             </option>
>
> So based on my the value of 'group' from my repeat, I want to use the
> value to look up another value in a different dictionary.  It works if
> I do this:  (event, '${sp_info/whatever/common_name}') but does not
> like me using the embedded ${group}.

The ${var} syntax is only for inserting a value in a string expression.
Path expressions only take known names. If you want to look up a value
based on a variable, you must use Python. Look at the first half of this:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/addContentProgrammatically

       --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"