[Zope] How to do this trick..

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 27 17:41:30 EST 2006

Jason C. Leach wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering how I can do this little trick (sp_info is a globaly
> devide var, it's a dictionary obj):
>
>             <option tal:repeat="group groups/existing/high"
>                 tal:content="group"
>                 tal:attributes="onmouseover string:doTooltip(event,
> '${sp_info/${group}/common_name}')"
>                onmouseout="hideTip()">
>             </option>
>
> So based on my the value of 'group' from my repeat, I want to use the
> value to look up another value in a different dictionary.  It works if
> I do this:  (event, '${sp_info/whatever/common_name}') but does not
> like me using the embedded ${group}.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason.

Hi Jason,

I didn't know you could nest ${} objects in a string: construct.

You might make life easier using python.  Maybe something like:

tal:attributes="onmouseover python: sp_info[ group ] + '/' + common_name"

I have no idea what "common_name" is supposed to be, here I assumed its
a global var.

David