[Zope] Re: newbie -- creating a Product

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Nov 6 11:59:44 EST 2006

Jens Vagelpohl skrev:

>> If your are using Zope 2 and is a newbie, do yourself the favour of
>> starting with Zope 3.
>>
>> If you want to work in zope 2 you should use Plone as a base, and
>> create  products with Archgen XML (AGX)
>>
>> There are no advantages in using plain Zope 2 anymore.
>
> I'm sorry, that's just complete BS.

No it isn't!

Mind what I said (or tried to say). If you are a *new developer*, with a
*new project*, you are far better of starting with Zope 3 than with Zope 2.

If you need features that are in Zope 2 but not in Zope 3, you are
better of using a framework like Plone.

I have done Zope for +6 years, and I would not dream of starting up a
project from scratch in Zope 2 anymore.

I did not say that Zope 2 was useless. I still spend most of my time
working on Plone based projects.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/