[Zope] Custom authentication page...

David H bluepaul at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 12 13:36:48 EDT 2006

Steve wrote:

> I'm just starting to look at Zope as a potential platform to implement
> a simple authenticated web site... however I do not want to face users
> with the standard web-browser dialogue, but rather my own log-in
> page.  I've established how to restrict access based upon permissions
> etc... and I'm able to set/reset cookies based a form submission - but
> do not see how to integrate an HTML login page with the standard Zope
> security.
>
> I've read that I should use the "Cookie Crumbler" product... but after
> I've added this to the folder that I intend to protect, I click on
> cookie_authentication (the default name for the "Cookie Crumbler"
> object) and I get the following error message:
> --
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> *Error Type: AttributeError*
> *Error Value: aq_parent*
>
> --
>
> Is this a bug with "Cookie Crumbler" (version 0.3 downloaded from
> zope.org used against Zope 2.9.4, python 2.4.3, win32)?
> Am I barking up the wrong tree in hoping to have a slick-looking
> "logon" page?  Is this something commonly done using Zope?  Is "Cookie
> Crumbler" the right product?  Would I be better hand-coding this myself?

Steve,
Thats a weird one ...  but cookie crumbler is great to get  custom login
forms
Did you try deleting it and adding another (cookie_authentication
object)**  Maybe you added a property thats non-existent? (login page id
or something?)

you can produce a fuller error traceback

If necessary add
  <dtml-var error_tb>
to your standard_error_message (if using dtml) for a clearer error
expression