[Zope] Custom authentication page...

Steve zope at shic.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 13:48:23 EDT 2006

David H wrote:
>> I've read that I should use the "Cookie Crumbler" product... but
>> after I've added this to the folder that I intend to protect, I click
>> on cookie_authentication (the default name for the "Cookie Crumbler"
>> object) and I get the following error message:
> Thats a weird one ...  but cookie crumbler is great to get  custom
> login forms
It looked as if it should be... :-)
> Did you try deleting it and adding another (cookie_authentication
> object)**  Maybe you added a property thats non-existent? (login page
> id or something?)
I tried that - I even tried installing a fresh version of Zope and
creating a new instance...  I followed some instructions:

    http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1073516045

My experiences started to differ when I got a  cookie_authentication
instead of a login object...  I was unable to display the properties tab
for cookie_authentication (step 8) as that generates the error...
> you can produce a fuller error traceback
> If necessary add
>   <dtml-var error_tb>
> to your standard_error_message (if using dtml) for a clearer error
> expression

That generates:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
    * Module Products.CookieCrumbler.utils, line 115, in
      manage_propertiesForm
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 346, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 1, in ?
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 265, in _getContext