[Zope] LDAPUserFolder : findUser function usage in LDAPUserFolder ver 2.7

yogeen honnavar yogeen at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 13 07:06:04 EDT 2006

Dear users,
           we hv upgraded from LDAPUserFolder version
2.2 to LDAPUF version 2.7. our current installation ov
zope is 2.9.4
      now we hv a problem, in our application we hv
calls to the findUser function
    findUser('pa',uid)   where 'pa' is LDAP attribute
and uid is value. with LDAPUF ver 2.2 it works fine
and returns the count of number of records matching
attribute 'pa' with value uid.
    after upgrade to LDAPUF 2.7 this function returns
1 for all cases. we hv read tht in 2.7 a new function
has been added searchUsers and findUser has been
reduced to a wrapper around searchUsers.
     can anybody suggest the corresponding line of
code for using searchUsers or how to use
findUser('pa',uid) in version 2.7. any help would be
greatly appreciated.
     thanks and regards
     -yogeen