[Zope] Re: Random Crashes/Freezes on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

alex at schnarff.com alex at schnarff.com
Tue Feb 20 12:23:21 EST 2007

>> * FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE system w/generic kernel. Yes, I know this is
>> old, * Python 2.4.3
>> * Zope 2.9
>
> the main error cause of Zope on FreeBSD is a wrong configuration of the
> python 2.4 port. You need to enable the "HUGE_STACK_SIZE" option,
> e.g. with "make config" in /usr/ports/lang/python24 and reinstall python.

In case you didn't see this in my e-mail to Andreas, this was enabled
at compile-time by the guy who installed Python on this system...or so
he says. Is there any way to check
that it's been properly compiled in?

Meanwhile, I just got an e-mail from my co-admin on this system, and he
says that this
morning's crash was accompanied by the following "in the event log"
(not sure which one
he's referring to):

MemoryError: Can't allocate memory for compression object

Does that help make sense of things?

Thanks,
Alex