[Zope] Re: Random Crashes/Freezes on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE

Jochen Knuth J.Knuth at ipro.de
Tue Feb 20 11:27:21 EST 2007

Hi Alex,

alex at schnarff.com schrieb:
> Hello All,
>
> I've recently inherited the job of co-administering an existing Zope 2.9
> system that is performing very flakily. While I admit to knowing nothing
> about Zope administration before the last couple of weeks, I've been
> busy reading the mailing list archives, etc., and I'm convinced that
> something obscure is wrong in this particular installation. I'm hoping
> some kind/brave soul here can help me figure it out.
>
> Here's the setup, described in as much detail as I can (I'll be happy to
> provide additional tidbits as requested):
>
> * FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE system w/generic kernel. Yes, I know this is old,
> * Python 2.4.3
> * Zope 2.9

the main error cause of Zope on FreeBSD is a wrong configuration of the
python 2.4 port. You need to enable the "HUGE_STACK_SIZE" option,
e.g. with "make config" in /usr/ports/lang/python24 and reinstall python.

Ciao,
Jochen

--
----------------------------
Jochen Knuth

IPRO GmbH
Steinbeisstr. 6
71229 Leonberg

Tel. +49-7152-93330
Fax  +49-7152-933330
E-Mail: ipro at ipro.de

Geschäftsführer: Martin Himmelsbach, Thomas Barth

Amtsgericht Leonberg HRB 251557
UST-ID-Nummer: DE 146022368