[Zope] Resolving ConflictError

John Ziniti jziniti at speakeasy.org
Mon Jan 29 16:30:44 EST 2007

I've recently encountered my first ConflictError. I am
hosting multiple sites in this ZODB, and each of them
is using a LDAPLoginAdapter as an acl_users:

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Zope2.App.startup, line 167, in zpublisher_exception_hook</li>
   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 120, in publish</li>
   Module Zope2.App.startup, line 233, in commit</li>
   Module transaction._manager, line 84, in commit</li>
   Module transaction._transaction, line 381, in commit</li>
   Module transaction._transaction, line 379, in commit</li>
   Module transaction._transaction, line 424, in _commitResources</li>
   Module ZODB.Connection, line 462, in commit</li>
   Module ZODB.Connection, line 495, in _commit</li>
ConflictError: database conflict error (oid 0x013b3f, class
Products.LDAPLoginAdapter.LDAPLoginAdapter.LDAPLoginAdapter)

Once this error started occurring on one of the acl_users,
I've now seen it on several of them.  The websites are
still useable, as this error only occurs several times per
day, out of ~100s of requests.

Searching on google, however, doesn't really give me too
much insight into figuring out what my next step is.

I'd obviously like to figure out what code is causing the
ConflictError, and how I can get rid of it and/or fix the
code that is causing it.

I've read enough from google searching to familiarize myself
with the fs* tools (fsrefs, fsdump), but I'm not sure where
to go from there.

Thanks in advance,
John Ziniti