[Zope] Is there any way to turn off the publishing of externalmethods to the web in Zope?

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com
Tue Jan 30 10:29:42 EST 2007

I wish to thank Chris for his helpful comments. I accept them in the playful spirit in which they were offered. This sort of feedback is essential to people who are learning.

LESSON #1: If it looks as if a product is no longer maintained then ask the maintainer of the product if he has any uncommitted changes in  his version control system.

LESSON #2: If you want to produce a new product/component, learn Zope 3 and use that for the new work, unless Zope 2 compatibility is for some reason required.

LESSON #3: "A Zope 2 product should have no reliance on external methods..."

LESSON #4: If a competent programmer provides Zope bindings then make a reasonable effort to get them to work instead of giving up and using external methods.

LESSON #5: """My recommendation would be to buy Philipp's Zope 3 book and
read it from cover to cover before you start work..."""

LESSON #6: """If you ever ever ever use eval, then you definitely are nuts ;-)"""