[Zope] Is there any way to turn off the publishing of externalmethods to the web in Zope?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jan 31 05:18:49 EST 2007

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote:
> LESSON #1: If it looks as if a product is no longer maintained then ask the maintainer of the product if he has any uncommitted changes in  his version control system.

They're not uncommitted, they're in a public subversion repository
thats' advertised on the project's pages on sourceforge which is linked
to from squishdot.org...

> LESSON #2: If you want to produce a new product/component, learn Zope 3 and use that for the new work, unless Zope 2 compatibility is for some reason required.

Right.

> LESSON #4: If a competent programmer provides Zope bindings then make a reasonable effort to get them to work instead of giving up and using external methods.

You install Twiddler, you follow the install instructions in
twiddler/zope2/readme.txt and then you have Twiddler as an option in
your ZMI add menu.

> LESSON #5: """My recommendation would be to buy Philipp's Zope 3 book and
> read it from cover to cover before you start work..."""

I can't stress this one enough either, many thanks again to Philipp for
doing the one thing that Zope has always needed :-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk