[Zope] catching shorter URLs

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jul 8 12:32:53 EDT 2007

Aaron Maupin wrote at 2007-7-8 11:12 +0900:
>I'm trying to make pretty URLs for a game site I'm developing, and due
>to the hosting environment I'm somewhat limited in my Apache URL
>rewrites.  (I've tried the normal mod_proxy / mod_rewrite rules and they
>haven't worked in this environment.)
>
>I'd like the visitors to see
>
>     http://games.mydomain.com/game-title
>
>Whereas what's really being accessed is
>
>     http://www.mydomain.com/display_game?title=game-title
>
>or any solution that allows me to query a relational database for a game
>title so I don't have to create hundreds of objects in Zope.

A "SiteAccess" "AccessRule" can do such things for you.

Look around whether you find some documentation about "AccessRule"s
and how to tweak the request object in such a rule.

If you are unsuccessfull, come back again.
I, personally, will only be able to respond on Thursday
or Friday, however.

--
Dieter