[Zope] database conflict error on startup - disabling Five

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Dec 1 13:01:22 EST 2008

Dylan Jay wrote at 2008-12-1 10:22 +1100:
>> You are right. Almost surely, you see a "Five" bug: "Five", too, should
>> respect "enable-product-installation".
>>
>> You can see the right transaction handling in
>> "OFS.Application.install_product' -- somewhere near the buttom of this
>> function.
>> Maybe, you correct "Five" accordingly.
>
>I applied this guys patch which seems to have fixed the problem
>http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20080516.100305.16f90017.en.html
>
>He's asking if that is the right way to patch it. Is it?

It looks not bad.

>And if so what is the right way to get it into the Five 1.4 branch?

Write a bug report, attach the patch and for a quicker response
inform a "Five" maintainer about the "bug+solution".

I am not sure however, that this will be sufficient: "Zope 2.9"
is no longer an actively maintained version; maybe the maintainers
think there are more important tasks that to fix problems with
older versions.

--
Dieter