[Zope] ZcxOracleDA, LocalFS, ZMySQLDA

Jeff Peterson jeff.peterson at crary.com
Fri Jun 27 10:22:58 EDT 2008

I'm not actually having a problem.  I updated those three products to work with 2.11.0 and was wondering if someone could give some guidance to me regarding getting the changes made permanent or at least looked at by the authors.  I emailed each of them but have had no responses.  Given that the authors themselves haven't replied, it occurred to me that the email addresses may be out of date so I turned to the list.

I have been using Zope for some years now, but have never really needed to submit a patch or anything like that, so the process to get this done is really an unknown for me.

It's even possible I am using the incorrect products for this release of Zope.

I noticed too, a minor issue with ZPsycopgDA, it also exists with ZMySQLDA:

/home/zope/base211/lib/python/OFS/Application.py:809: DeprecationWarning: __init__.py of Products.ZMySQLDA has a long deprecated 'methods' attribute. 'methods' support might be removed in Zope 2.11 or a later feature release. Please use the 'legacy' argument of registerClass instead if the methods are constructors. Or refactor the product using adapters.
  DeprecationWarning)

/home/zope/base211/lib/python/OFS/Application.py:809: DeprecationWarning: __init__.py of Products.ZPsycopgDA has a long deprecated 'methods' attribute. 'methods' support might be removed in Zope 2.11 or a later feature release. Please use the 'legacy' argument of registerClass instead if the methods are constructors. Or refactor the product using adapters.
  DeprecationWarning)

I am not sure how to fix this, I see refactoring using adapters, but though I have fiddled a bit with Zope3 it's magic is still a relative unknown to me.

I was just looking for a little direction.  For the most part I have no issues with the migration except with Page Templates, it feels like the "expand macros while editing" is backwards.  I have to uncheck it for the fill-slots and macros to show up properly and I am seeing some strange errors where a slot that is clearly defined in the master template is being rendered as metal:slot rather than metal:fill-slot.  But I have just come across this and haven't spent much time looking yet, I am sure a solution will present itself.

Thanks,
--
Jeffrey D Peterson
Webmaster