[Zope] ZcxOracleDA, LocalFS, ZMySQLDA

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Jun 27 11:45:32 EDT 2008

--On 27. Juni 2008 09:22:58 -0500 Jeff Peterson <jeff.peterson at crary.com>
wrote:

> I'm not actually having a problem.  I updated those three products to
> work with 2.11.0 and was wondering if someone could give some guidance to
> me regarding getting the changes made permanent or at least looked at by
> the authors.  I emailed each of them but have had no responses.  Given
> that the authors themselves haven't replied, it occurred to me that the
> email addresses may be out of date so I turned to the list.

If you don't get any responses from the current/former maintainers, I would:

 - check the code into some public repository (SVN, directory structure
   based on the current standards)
 - make the product work as egg (basically making it a 'Products' namespace
   package + a setup.py with the metadata)
 - polish the README if necessary
 - release it on PyPI

Andreas