[Zope] Zope threads and the GIL

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun May 4 22:34:49 EDT 2008

--On 4. Mai 2008 21:05:55 -0500 sam <python at zeomega.com> wrote:

> Basically mxODBC is a third party extension and is GIL "aware" as it
> yields the GIL before accessing the DB

Then it should play nicely with Python. But keep in mind that thread
switches can also be blocked by some thread without having the GIL locked.
We've seen such situations were a thread had to perform complex regular
expression matching operations. Obviously code in Python C extension is
also able to lock up the Python interpreter until the result is being
passed back to the Python interpreter.

Andreas