[Zope] Best place to rewrite webdav GET requests?

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Tue Sep 16 03:47:52 EDT 2008

On Monday 15 September 2008 11:31:27 Gaute Amundsen wrote:
> On Friday 12 September 2008 07:19:29 Sascha Welter wrote:
> > (Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 08:49:38AM +0200) Gaute Amundsen
>
> wrote/schrieb/egrapse:
> > > Or would it perhaps be better to route webdav through apache, and try
> > > to handle it with rewriterules?
> >
> > This is how we do it. (Not for NightmareWeaver though.)
>
> Interesting.
> Then we know it is possible at least :)
>
> You wouldn't happen to have that part of httpd.conf handy for a quick cut &
> paste? :)

Now that I actually tried just that, I am even more curious about just what it
is that you do with rewriterules.

What I've discovered is that the Multi-Status messages that one gets from the
server contains absolute paths, that throws most clients off balance if they
do not match the path the client sent a PROPFIND  about. Rewriting the
response as well as the request would be somewhat more cumbersome I expect.
In fact I can't see any obvious way to do that in Apache.

I suppose I could limit the rewriting to GET requests only for my purposes,
but I suspect most wysiwyg editors would not even try a get for a resource
PROPFIND had not told it about first.

Regards
Gaute

ps.
I think I am on to a solution to get Dreamweaver working with webdav, but that
involves making urls relative on save in zope, and using the BASE tag.
More on that later if anyone is interested.