[Zope] can I use my existing twisted rpc app in zope.

Krishnakant krmane at gmail.com
Sun May 3 11:21:37 EDT 2009

> On Sat, 2009-05-02 at 20:16 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> No, at least without doing "some work" (where "some work" is more than just
> dropping your code into a directory and expecting Zope to pick it up and "serve
> it out").  It will essentially be a rewrite, although maybe with some careful
> coding you'd be able to reuse most of the existing code.

Yes, that's exactly my point.  I don't mean that I would just drop the
code into a folder and expect zope to do every thing write.

My question was will I be able to re-use my published objects and their
functionality by coding it in such a way that zope hosts the twisted
based rpc server application I already have?

This implies that my application core logic with the sets of Published
API calls need not change but let's say I add the necessary things to
make my app a zope product and still have it work as an rpc server?

I had read somewhere that zope uses twisted, so I thought will my app be
put into zope as a server product with of course the necessary additions
to the package to make it a zope product.

So is that possible?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.