[Zope] is there a zope product for generating spreadsheets?

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue May 5 09:30:10 EDT 2009

I don't know if there is a reason not to use this but no one has mentioned
PyUNO.

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Python

From that page:
"OpenOffice.org ships with a python scripting language, version 2.3.4. This
Python distribution comes with the Uno module which connects the UNO API with
the python scripting language."

I'm thinking it should allow you to read from a spreadsheet and then you would
have to format output as you want.

There are a lot of other links related to pyuno, I notice one is a tutorial.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=openoffice+3+python&btnG=Search

and if you add 'calc' to the search you can narrow down the  search and find
things like

"OpenOffice.org Utility Library, or ooolib in short, is actually more than one
library module. Included are a Python module (ooolib-python) and a Perl module
(ooolib-perl).

The Python module is currently focused on Calc and can be used to create
OpenDocument Format Calc spreadsheets."

Thomas

On Monday 04 May 2009 17:07:28 Krishnakant wrote:
> hello all,
> I am right now browsing through the grok tutorial and found it to be
> really amaising.
>
> I had been confused a few days regarding how I can put my application
> into zope.  Thanks to all you who patiently answered my queries.
>
> Now I am wondering whether there is a product which can generate
> spreadsheet like output for some typicle data such as balance sheets or
> ledgers (with cell merging capability)?
>
> I would also like to know if there is some way I am make grok integrate
> open office in a way that I can generate open office spreadsheets and
> send it to a browser or open it in some way?
>
> I know there is a python library called odfpy which can fill up
> spreadsheets with data, but I don't know whether similar things are
> possible with zope.
>
> I have searched but did not find some thing like this.
>
> so is any thing of the above possible?
>
> happy hacking.
> Krishnakant.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                                Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/