[Zope] can zope and grok be a solution for a desktop like interractive web app

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:13:26 EDT 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 23:22, Krishnakant <krmane at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now my question is while I was reading grok tutorials, I realise that I
> could not quite find some widgets which can do dynamic self updating or
> database based validations.

Eeeehhhh, no, they are HTML widgets. You might as well ask for
SQL-statements that generate HTML widgets. It just doesn't make any
sense.

> For example if a user is making an invoice, the field holding entered
> quantity must quickly query the db for the available current stock and
> there has to be an error message which says "you don't have sufficient
> stock for the given item ".

Yes, you want to make a Javascript app. That's fine and good. For that
you would likely want some sort of Ajax library. Grok isn't an Ajax
library, but you can use Ajax libraries with Grok if you wish.

> I believe some ajax like functionality is needed here.

Exactly.

http://regebro.wordpress.com/
+33 661 58 14 64