[Zope] SSO

Sabine Grabner sabine.grabner at fhv.at
Tue May 17 02:07:20 EDT 2011

Hi there,

I try to set up Zope with Shibboleth SSO. Therefore I need to delegate
authentication to Apache which should then pass the REMOTE_USER
environment variable to Zope. Am I understanding right, that for this
purpose I have to use the not so recommended fastcgi configuration?

With the recommended RewriteRule I successfully receive the
HTTP_REMOTE_USER header var in the REQUEST object, but not the
REMOTE_USER environment variable. However, going this route would mean
messing with the existing code, which uses REMOTE_USER currently set
by Zope.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,

Sabine