[Zope] SSO

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue May 17 05:01:24 EDT 2011

Hi Sabine,

On 17/05/2011 07:07, Sabine Grabner wrote:
> I try to set up Zope with Shibboleth SSO.

What are you using to do the Shibboleth auth?

> Therefore I need to delegate
> authentication to Apache which should then pass the REMOTE_USER
> environment variable to Zope. Am I understanding right, that for this
> purpose I have to use the not so recommended fastcgi configuration?

No, I think, you're fine using the normal ZServer way of running Zope.
You just need to get Zope into "remote user mode", from looking at the
source, it appears you need to create a file called "access" in your
INSTANCE_HOME and put the following in it:

superuser:

> REMOTE_USER environment variable. However, going this route would mean
> messing with the existing code, which uses REMOTE_USER currently set by
> Zope.

What existing code?

cheers,

Chris