[Zope] Zope zserver-threads minimum is 5?

Pablo Caro Revuelta pcarorevuelta at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 13:28:26 CET 2014

Hi all,

My zope clients (Zope2-2.12.11) allways start with 5 theads although
zserver-threads is 2 in my zope.conf file.

I am using "ps -eLf" for theads counter.

If for zserver-threads I use the values 1, 2 or 3 I get 5 theads.
A higher value give me 2 threads more. I mean, for 4 I get 6, for 15, 17
threads, etc.

It's correct? There are allways 5 threads minumun and 2 extra?

It's a plone site. I am using zeo with separated catalog. I have 16
instances in a 8 cores machines and I think the GIL is making a poor
performance.

Thanks