[Zope] Zope zserver-threads minimum is 5?

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Mon Nov 10 15:03:49 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 7:28 AM, Pablo Caro Revuelta
<pcarorevuelta at gmail.com> wrote:
> My zope clients (Zope2-2.12.11) allways start with 5 theads although
> zserver-threads is 2 in my zope.conf file.
>
> I am using "ps -eLf" for theads counter.
>
> If for zserver-threads I use the values 1, 2 or 3 I get 5 theads.
> A higher value give me 2 threads more. I mean, for 4 I get 6, for 15, 17
> threads, etc.
>
> It's correct? There are allways 5 threads minumun and 2 extra?

The zserver-threads setting controls the number of "application"
threads; these are running handing the application (Plone in your
case) code for requests. The server itself uses a thread for handling
socket communication, reading & parsing the requests as they come in,
queuing them for an application thread, and managing the transmission
of response data.  ZEO will use an additional thread for communication
with the storage server(s).

Other components may start additional threads as well, depending on
Plone and your configuration.  For example, zc.monitor starts a thread
to handle monitoring interactions. Someone with Plone-specific
knowledge can probably help more.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein