[Zope] Zope2 - pro/contra

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Tue Mar 17 06:46:47 CET 2015

I just had to port an Intranet to modern hardware/Linux that has been created
in  1996 using plain zope and has been "programmatically" untouched since 2001.
The Intranet is rather complex and provides a kind of ERP on very technical data.
The application consist of some 1000 little dtml scripts and is totaly
unmaintainable.
But it runs and runs and runs and is heavily used..

Unhindered by the fact that the inner working of the Intranet is unfathomable
the transition to an up to date virtualized linux, actual postgres and such
went rather easily.

Zope might be a zombie, but it is a great and sturdy one ..

hats of to its creators..

robert