[Zope3-dev] Zope3 LifeCycle Events

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:37:51 +0000

THoffman@indtech.wa.gov.au wrote:
> Surely a goal of z3 should be the ability to refresh non core
> products, as in the Product Refresh in Z2, I would also go as far
> as to suggest that adding a new non core product or it's equivalent
> should also not necessitate a restart
>
> Is this not possible ?
>
> At least we should be able to say
>
> Follow the following rules and this product can be refreshable and/or
> addable without a server restart.

Adding and removing and changing the configuration of filesystem
products will require a restart.

You'll be able to add and remove and change and alter the configuration
of products that are loaded into persistent modules, all without any
kind of restart. These persistent modules will also work over ZEO, so
this will greatly ease product deployment over ZEO.

--
Steve Alexander