[Zope3-dev] Heads up: major restructiring if indexing framework

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Dec 6 09:42:23 EST 2004

I'm guessing that no one is using any of the existing catalog or
indexing code.  If I'm wrong, please let me know.

I'm going to try to restructure the indexing code quite a bit.
My main goal is to rearrange the interfaces so that results from
different index (or index-like) objects can be joined.  This will
mean that indexes will be required to have a search method that
returns IIBTrees, IIBuckets, IISets, or IITreeSets.

I'm also going to remove a number of unused interfaces.

I hope to finish this this week.

Jim