[Zope3-dev] browser:form directive (was: There's something wrong with having message ids in schemas)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Dec 9 08:55:36 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 08:49, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > This is actually planned for the 3.1 release. We will provide a
> > browser:form directive that that is only responsible to display the form
> > based on a schema and will leave the `update()` method for the developer
> > to fill out.
>
> Ah, cool! I should get involved in that. Might also be more easily
> amenable to use in Five..

Sounds cool. If you want some pointers on how to start, let me know. It should
be straightforward to port this directive to five. I envision that we will
build a base `Form` class that is directly used by browser:form. The
browser:addform and browser:editform directives will then extend this class.
The interesting thing is that a normal form could be either a view or a
resource.

Regards,
Stephan
--