[Zope3-dev] Re: Object hub?

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 2 10:52:28 EST 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> We use the object hub extensively as an inventory of objects.

That sounds interesting and reasonable.

 > What is the recommended 'best practice' here?

Of course, there isn't one. We're still figuring this out.

 > Continue using the hub, but just
> as a utility?

My incination is to use it as a utility.  Perhaps there should be
a convention of having a default unnamed hub utility that apps
use by default.

I *think* there is value in allowing multiple hubs distinguished by
name.  But who knows?  The nice think about treating hubs as
utilities is that it gives us the flexibility of having secondary
hubs, if we find we need them.

 > Or create and maintain our own hub service/index?
>
> Will the object hub utility be available by default in the bootstrapped
> Zope 3 site?

I don't know. I'd like to get some folks thinking about this
and making suggestions.

Jim