[Zope3-dev] ZODB or zodb

Mark McEahern mark at mceahern.com
Sun Jan 11 22:37:12 EST 2004

[Tim Peters]
> Nobody explained what they believed the real cause was.  This is my belief:
> Windows is case-insensitive, and Zope3's src directory now contains
> subdirectories with names that differ only in case ("zodb" and "ZODB").

That seems true.  I removed my working folder for Zope3 and refetched
the source.  As I watched the filenames scroll by, I noticed both zodb
and ZODB folders being fetched for the src folder.  At the end, of
course, I only had one folder (spelled ZODB).

I got the sources on Linux (Fedora Core 1) and with no problem was able
to `make ; make run` and launch Zope3.  On Linux, the src folder had
both zodb and ZODB after I got the sources.

> I don't think there's an easy fix for this so long as both directories exist
> in CVS.

I'm completely ignorant, so of course I wonder, "Why do both folders
exist?"

Thanks for the replies!

Cheers,

// m