[Zope3-dev] RFC: Unification of requests and security contexts through Use

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jan 16 15:50:23 EST 2004

Yesterday, Steve and I came up with some ideas for:

   - Improving the management of security contexts

   - Conceptually unifying security and presentation.  This isn't something
     we set out to do, but rather something that became apparent in our discussions.

See:

   http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/UnificationOfRequestsAndSecurityContextsThroughUse

In explaining this to some folks here at ZC, there was quite a bit of discussion
about terminology.  The most controversal aspect of which was the continued use
of "request" as a name for an actor's participation, at least in a browser context.

I'd be interested in heraring what people think about this. :)

Jim