[Zope3-dev] RFC: Unification of requests and security contexts through Use

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Sat Jan 17 13:24:03 EST 2004

> Hm, I though you used "interaction" instead of "use". IMO, the idea is to
> capture the interaction of one or more actors with the system.  "Interaction"
> is the word I used before Steve suggested "use".

I'm lost, FWIW.  I'm not sure why the concept of a request is not
sufficiently general to accomodate the interaction of one actor or a
collection of actors with the system.

IOW, I' not sure why we need to make the distinction between a security
context, a request, and a use.  They all seem like the same thing to me.

- C