[Zope3-dev] Usage

Gintautas Miliauskas gintas at pov.lt
Sun Jan 18 16:13:26 EST 2004

Hello,

as I was trying out usages I noticed that whenever I specify one, the
menu 'zmi_views' disappears. It appears that the menu is only shown when
usage is 'objectview'. I still don't understand why the menu is shown
when the usage parameter is not specified at all, but it is hidden when
I add `usage=""` to the description of a view.

During development having that menu around is quite convenient.  I
believe this behaviour is confusing (at least it was to me) and annoying
-- maybe something could be done about it.

There is one more issue I discovered. One is that while the
documentation explicitly states that usages must be declared with a
<browser:usage> directive, this is not enforced. The first time I tried
usages, they worked without any declarations, no barfing. This should be
resolved.

--
 Gintautas