[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Documentation and Quality Assurance

Dave Harris dpharris76 at msn.com
Thu Jan 22 23:51:48 EST 2004

[Simon Michael]

> Oh, and I meant to say: a problem then is how to serve both people
> writing/evolving the docs, and people looking for high-quality with a
> certain
> level of polish, in the same wiki. With time the overall quality will
> rise,
> but meanwhile we need to help people recognize the status of each document
> and
> find the more polished/up-to-date ones if that's what they need. Perhaps
> the
> IsDraft and similar badges help here ?

I'm definitely not sold on using a Wiki as a reference manual.

But, BTAIM, the Wiki in Zope.org needs some attention before it can be used
by QA personnel or editors. The biggest problem (for me) is the lack of
history. At present, selecting history (on the InterfacesIntroduction page,
for example) brings up a blank page with three buttons: 'full history' '<
previous edit' 'return to page'

Selecting 'full history' yields an new page with:

Site error
This site encountered an error trying to fulfill your request. The errors
were:

Error Details
Error Type
TypeError
Error Value
len() of unsized object

History is a must - the editor has to know what changes have gone before,
especially when editing for clarity. If you find a murky passage, it would
be immensely helpful to know if/when someone already made a stab at the
task.

Dave Harris