[Zope3-dev] Selecting a code name

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sun Feb 5 06:34:25 EST 2006

On Friday 03 February 2006 12:14, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Andreas Zeidler wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 03 17:24, Encolpe Degoute <encolpe.degoute at ingeniweb.com>
wrote:
> >>Zope 3 / Revolution ?
> >
> > well, how about "Zope3, Reloaded" for all the matrix fans out there? :)
>
> The idea of release code names adds a little spice.  Most people like
> spices on their food, so why not on their software too?  But the naming
> scheme really has to be based on the Tarzan series.  Jim's a Tarzan fan.

Okay, I am giving in on this. There is a three step process that will have to
be fullfilled to assign a codename to the Zope 3.3 release.

1. Write a proposal that justifies the use of a codename. Announce it on
zope3-dev asking for votes.

2. Ask for codename and.or codename scheme suggestions on this and the
zope3-dev mailing list. Have the community vote on the suggestions.

3. Give me guidance on how to include and promote the codename when I make the
releases.

Regards,
Stephan
--