[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Feb 15 12:27:16 EST 2006

Balazs Ree wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:41:36 +0100 Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Are you interested in recovering some of there Zope TAL based regex stuff
>>from Sapling? I'd be happy to merge it in. ctal doesn't appear to have
>>this yet.
>
> I must have a look, of course any enhancement would be great - and since
> the main user at the moment is Jean-Marc, I would be interested in his
> opinion.

Okay - I don't have a lot of time so I'd need to find first it to do
work on this, but I'm quite excited that TAL in javascript is making a
comeback, and it'd be nice if that old code of mine could serve a
purpose in the future. :)

>>'ctal' is a somewhat confusing name by the way, you'd think it
>>was TAL implemented in C, another interesting project I've dabbled with on
>>and off in the past.
>
> I agree but if we change the name we should do it right now. What name
> (prefix) would you suggest? Only thing, it needs to be different from
> "tal" (since it must allow mixing the two namespaces in the same page) and
> I personally would also be against "jtal". "ctal" was meant to stand for
> "client tal" but indeed it might not be the finest choice.

Aah, now I understand where the 'c' comes from. What about 'btal',
browser tal?

Regards,

Martijn