[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Feb 16 14:37:40 EST 2006

On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 08:05:56PM +0100, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
> I think that the principles stated in that article, of clean separation
> between model and view (called "encapsulation") are more important than
> the  template's actual syntax. But the syntax is important too since
> it's humans who write templates ..

Agreed.  I like the TAL approach to syntax best, at least
for XML-ish jobs.

What's also missing is speed, which eventually matters. StringTemplate,
at least the Python implementation, is dog slow compared to ZPT.

ClearSilver, on the other hand, can be much much faster
than ZPT.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com