[Zope3-dev] RFC: Local Component Management Simplification

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 05:33:37 EST 2006

On 2/2/06, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I've posted a proposal to simplify local component management at:
>
>    http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/LocalComponentManagementSimplification

I just realized something is missing in Five, and I think it might be
missing in Zope3 too.

I'm currently trying to write import/export adapters for genericsetup
for local utilities, and I realized that there is no way to get ONLY
the local utilities in a specific context. That means I can't write an
export adapter, since the api methods all will return both the local
and the global utilities, and only the local ones should be exported.

I might find a trick around this (mainly, I think I'll call it twice,
once for the context and once for the contexts parent, and just export
the difference), but it would be nice not to have to do "tricks"...
Or?