[Zope3-dev] Re: Putting pullparser and clientform where they belong (reverting 39890)

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jan 15 03:55:48 EST 2006

Brian Sutherland wrote:
> Since we are close to the release, I felt compelled to ask before I did
> this. Could I revert 39890 [1] for the 3.2 release?
>
> It seems that phillip finished zpkg's module support some time ago [2].
>
> (I ask as this is causing me headaches doing the Debian packaging for
> the latest zope3)
>
> [1] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-checkins/2005-November/026485.html
> [2] http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zpkg/2005-November/000077.html

Sorry for replying to this so late, I only stumbled upon this recently.

While I agree that the sys.modules/sys.path mangling was bad, this now
raises the problem of correctly stitching in pullparser and ClientForm
into Zope 2. Unfortunately, svn:externals doesn't work with files, so
we'll have to make copies. They will have to be updated whenever
pullparser and ClientForm have been updated and a newer Zope 3 is
stitched in.

Philipp